Jump to content
tomcal

typical late afternoon at the apartment

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, RockHardNYC said:

All true.

I happen to enjoy the cleaned up Broadway. I don't miss the former stank of forty-deuce as I pass to see Midler in Dolly. But I wouldn't mind a return to East 53rd Street and a comeback for Cowboys and Cowgirls.

Rounds in that same area was THE hustler bar of all hustler bars. No scrubs were allowed! RIP, Rounds.

Ghouliani

. Funny. What a piece of work that bitch turned out to be.

Minorities in the City ALWAYS knew he was a POS. 9/11 saved his career, because New Yorkers were done with him before the tragedy occurred. It’s good to know that the rest of the world finally knows what we knew over 25 years ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Suckrates said:

 

Yes, many years ago before I was into the "boys for rent" scene....   The sauna scene was quite different then.... there were hardly any boys for hire.

what year was this? because Rogers saunas opened Copacabana in 1973 , Spa 73 in 1990 and 117 in 1997!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, tomcal said:

what year was this? because Rogers saunas opened Copacabana in 1973 , Spa 73 in 1990 and 117 in 1997!

Probably late 70's, early 80's....  All the sex I had in the Rio sauna was FREE,  so maybe I was just oblivious to the "hire" boys ?   Havent been back since.  Sure my head would spin now. ?..I dont even own a cell phone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Suckrates said:

Probably late 70's, early 80's....  All the sex I had in the Rio sauna was FREE,  so maybe I was just oblivious to the "hire" boys ?   Havent been back since.  Sure my head would spin now. ?..I dont even own a cell phone. 

If this is the case, then you were going to the saunas that don’t have rentboys, of which there are plenty in Rio and in other Brazilian cities. . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SolaceSoul said:

If this is the case, then you were going to the saunas that don’t have rentboys, of which there are plenty in Rio and in other Brazilian cities. . 

 

Perhaps, since FREE is my best price.  Regardless, did the deed and spilled the seed.....so All was good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SolaceSoul said:

I’m not old enough to know the glory days of the 70s, and didn’t hit NYC streets and clubs until I was a teen in the mid to late 80s. But it all pretty much came crashing down by mid-1995, when Ghouliani Disneyfied Times Square, and by the early 2000s, the West Village and surrounding hoods’ street scenes were dead. 

Both Villages were my hunting field from 1994 to 2000. I witnessed Giuliani's destruction and hated him. I was not into street trade, but clubbing, bars, and street cruising. I would have taken pictures of how the Bijou Theater was being stripped year after year of some feature, but well, this is before smart phones. 

Those were my Golden Years. Damn, I was good at cruising. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SolaceSoul said:

Rounds in that same area was THE hustler bar of all hustler bars.

It was very 1980's gay New York. The East 50's was a special hood for gay men. I knew several guys who had terrific apartments on or near Sutton Place. The place has definitely changed.

Rounds was a bar/restaurant. It was dark, mirrors, carpeting, and piano with halogen spot lights. Had the feel of an upscale cabaret. I preferred Cowboys, which was just a large, brightly lit bar. It looked like a farm barn straight out of Texas. There may have been hay on the floor. The place was amazingly convivial. One of the happiest bars I've ever experienced. So easy to meet fun, friendly, good-looking guys there. No pretension, very rare for NYC. Might have been the first bar where I got my cock sucked in the bathroom. I worked on Madison Ave. Went to Cowboys often after work. Several older men thought I was an escort and tried to pick me up. At the time, I was insulted. I wasn't mature enough to appreciate the compliment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, RockHardNYC said:

It was very 1980's gay New York. The East 50's was a special hood for gay men. I knew several guys who had terrific apartments on or near Sutton Place. The place has definitely changed.

Rounds was a bar/restaurant. It was dark, mirrors, carpeting, and piano with halogen spot lights. Had the feel of an upscale cabaret. I preferred Cowboys, which was just a large, brightly lit bar. It looked like a farm barn straight out of Texas. There may have been hay on the floor. The place was amazingly convivial. One of the happiest bars I've ever experienced. So easy to meet fun, friendly, good-looking guys there. No pretension, very rare for NYC. Might have been the first bar where I got my cock sucked in the bathroom. I worked on Madison Ave. Went to Cowboys often after work. Several older men thought I was an escort and tried to pick me up. At the time, I was insulted. I wasn't mature enough to appreciate the compliment.

There are no farms in Texas.  They are called ranches.  :)

Best regards,

RA1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, SolaceSoul said:

If this is the case, then you were going to the saunas that don’t have rentboys, of which there are plenty in Rio and in other Brazilian cities. . 

I think I remember reading here a while back that trade did not begin to work out of bathouses in Brasil until the early '90s, some clairvoyant or other there forecasting tomcal setting his sights on eventual travel there. But seriously, the history and chronology suggests Suckratic whoring, in his day, was not matched by the genre of local whoring there most of us currently rely on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, RockHardNYC said:

Definitely not using Just For Men®. I prefer to live life as the natural blond I was, I mean am.

Likewise! My former jet-black look turned nowadays to Silver Fox still picks up the boys. ^_^

They like the honesty & integrity of it.

I still have a cute tight little ass they can fuck all night. :devil:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Riobard said:

I think I remember reading here a while back that trade did not begin to work out of bathouses in Brasil until the early '90s, some clairvoyant or other there forecasting tomcal setting his sights on eventual travel there. But seriously, the history and chronology suggests Suckratic whoring, in his day, was not matched by the genre of local whoring there most of us currently rely on. 

I went to Rogers way before the '90's and man was it fantastic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/7/2018 at 1:47 PM, SolaceSoul said:

Rounds in that same area was THE hustler bar of all hustler bars. No scrubs were allowed! RIP, Rounds. 

 

Funny commenting on both Rogers Thermas in Rio and Rounds in NYC in the 1980's. I went to both then and both had jaw-dropping gorgeous guys. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, tassojunior said:

I went to Rogers way before the '90's and man was it fantastic.

After reading about the Brazilian saunas with "boys" in 1998 or 1999 written by Trilingual who began the initial post at www.daddysreviews.com-- I ventured to Rio de janeiro in 2002.  My first sauna experience was at Roger's.  ...went quite well because I'd read every post as well as sought answers to all of my queries.  ...went back (twice) to Brazil in 2003 and subsequently 8X's later until 2011.  

Damn, has it been 7 years since I was last there!  Time definitely escapes one!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/10/2018 at 2:23 AM, tomcal said:

i introduced him to you! :-)

You introduced both as a matter of fact. I still remember my first meeting with J. After a lunch at Ipanema and in front of your apartment ... then I met him during my following trip to Brazil in sauna in SP 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, tomcal said:

Paulerio it was payback for the blonde guy you introduced me to in Prague! (i had to crop it because of the new rules!)

 

 

E6ADD966-1555-4433-AA8C-8451514AD284.jpeg

I remember of course. He was cute also but did not stay long time available. Great smile !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×