Jump to content
TotallyOz

Logging into and out of Boytoy

Recommended Posts

We have bee working on the login and log out issue. We think we have fixed this. Everyone will be required to log in from the main site and the login time for one session will be 6 hours.  After that time, you will need to log in again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, TotallyOz said:

We have bee working on the login and log out issue. We think we have fixed this. Everyone will be required to log in from the main site and the login time for one session will be 6 hours.  After that time, you will need to log in again.

By the way, it has been working flawlessly for me, thank you and high five to your techies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry @TotallyOz, I should stop celebrating because every time I do it something goes wrong. After I posted above, I am now back to having problems. After signing in in the main website, I click on the Forums menu and the home page of the forums shows me logged out. I am not, if I click in any thread or folder I am logged in and I can post. But the Forums Home page is showing me logged out. :(

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, TotallyOz said:

We have been working on the login and log out issue. We think we have fixed this. Everyone will be required to log in from the main site and the login time for one session will be 6 hours.  After that time, you will need to log in again.

Hi Oz,

I have a similar problem as @Latbear4blk described in his below post.

I tried many times to log on with out success. 

As I am in Brazil at the present time, I thought it was the goofy internet service here causing the problem.  Is is not the internet here preventing me from logging in.

Only after I used tethering from my telephone and signed in from the main page (using a lap top) and signed in yet a third time from the forums page (not the main page) did I access your forum.

Could you let your techs know that they still have work to do in getting members logged on?  Thanks in advance - 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Latbear4blk said:

Sorry @TotallyOz, I should stop celebrating because every time I do it something goes wrong. After I posted above, I am now back to having problems. After signing in in the main website, I click on the Forums menu and the home page of the forums shows me logged out. I am not, if I click in any thread or folder I am logged in and I can post. But the Forums Home page is showing me logged out. :(

 

On that first sign in, hit refresh two times.

2 hours ago, mvan1 said:

I got signed out (unintentionally)  after sending the above message to Oz. 

Perseverance will solve the log in issues.

Sign-outs can be manual or it is now automatic every six hours. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, TotallyOz said:

On that first sign in, hit refresh two times.

Sign-outs can be manual or it is now automatic every six hours. 

If you mean refresh in the main site after signing in, I just did it and did not work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, TotallyOz said:

No, when you click the forum link on the right side and go to the forums and if you are not logged in, hit refresh.

I really like this site.  It offers us a certain amount of freedom of expression and, of course, education on places we like and/or can visit.

I sign into banks, to airlines, to hotel sites and to government sites (that sometimes require complex passwords) all without a problem. 

However, it took me twelve different attempts to sign in here.

The forum is sometimes very quiet.  Could the reason be that some people cannot access the forum while others have no problem with access?

Maybe the programmers might look into making access a bit easier.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is the issue. The main site and the forum are two different platforms. We want the same names on both and the same dates, etc. It is not an easy task. We just paid a lot of money for a better solution than we had and there are still some kinks to work out. But, I like Invision as it gives so much leeway. But, they like to control username/password and that is created on the main site first and not possible for their system to control.  In essence, all the sites you listed are big sites (one). We have two and we keep trying to get them to play well together.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do not know whether or not opening another thread about this. So I will continue here to address a glitch, in the spirit of improving the website.

I use Safari. I noticed that even when I have checked all of the messages in a thread, the title/link continue to be in bold letters most times. It is annoying because it makes you think that there are messages for you to check even when there are none. Is it my browser or someone else is noticing the same?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Latbear4blk said:

I do not know whether or not opening another thread about this. So I will continue here to address a glitch, in the spirit of improving the website.

I use Safari. I noticed that even when I have checked all of the messages in a thread, the title/link continue to be in bold letters most times. It is annoying because it makes you think that there are messages for you to check even when there are none. Is it my browser or someone else is noticing the same?

I am using safari on iPhone and iPad, and no, it doesn’t happen to me here, the bold goes away very, very reliably. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Tartegogo said:

I am using safari on iPhone and iPad, and no, it doesn’t happen to me here, the bold goes away very, very reliably. 

I have not used my phone to surf the forums in a long time. I will check that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Tartegogo said:

I am using safari on iPhone and iPad, and no, it doesn’t happen to me here, the bold goes away very, very reliably. 

 

5 hours ago, Latbear4blk said:

I have not used my phone to surf the forums in a long time. I will check that.

I still cannot log into the forum using a desk top and/or a laptop. 

However, I can access the forum on my telephone. 

I know of four other members who are using their phone to access this forum.  

Is anyone able to access the forum using a computer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, mvan1 said:

 

I still cannot log into the forum using a desk top and/or a laptop. 

However, I can access the forum on my telephone. 

I know of four other members who are using their phone to access this forum.  

Is anyone able to access the forum using a computer?

I can. But I am trying my phone now and notice  navegation is easier

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

mavan, I do use my computer daily. I use Firefox. What are you using?  We have tested on the latest versions of Firefox, Safari, IE, and Chrome. Tell me about your computer and browser and we will try to replicate.  But, be sure you are logging into boytoy.com URL and singing in there.  Hit forum from the left menu, go to the forum. The first time hit refresh a few times. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, TotallyOz said:

mavan, I do use my computer daily. I use Firefox. What are you using?  We have tested on the latest versions of Firefox, Safari, IE, and Chrome. Tell me about your computer and browser and we will try to replicate.  But, be sure you are logging into boytoy.com URL and singing in there.  Hit forum from the left menu, go to the forum. The first time hit refresh a few times. 

Hi Oz.  The problem is intermittent.  I suspect the Brazilian internet provider I am using might be the cause.

Rome was not built in a day.  Things will work out eventually.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am able to log an and read the General Pub, Hot Spots and Latin America..

 

However when I click on Male Escort Discussion and Male Escort Reviews it gives me error message 1F176/3. See attached screenshot.

screenshot.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, leakyleaks said:

I am able to log an and read the General Pub, Hot Spots and Latin America..

 

However when I click on Male Escort Discussion and Male Escort Reviews it gives me error message 1F176/3. See attached screenshot.

 

4

You need to have 10 posts on the site to view the content.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Logging in now requires a look at those profile pictures. It does make me wonder why some of those folks chose that picture, but that's for another thread. I would be happy to just log in without visiting the profiles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×