Latbear4blk

SALVADOR, BAHIA, Dec 22 to Jan 3

On 7/30/2018 at 2:50 PM, Latbear4blk said:

I think I am changing my mind about the trip to Praia da Forte, and the turtles shelter. Based on my research, it is part of the typical packet for tourists, which is what I want to avoid. I want to mingle more with the locals and less with the visitors.

Yes, I am with you!  :)

I am slightly concerned about my hotel. I called to upgrade my Travelocity reservation and book this room (301):

vn_p_r301ter_01.jpg

They checked to verify my Travelocity reservation and found it, but then tried to persuade me not to make a reservation. The guy would advise me to ask for the room at my arrival. I insisted and I think he faked like he wrote down my request just to finish our conversation. 

Perhaps I should ask for the balcony room in the second floor. The 3rd is the top one and is probably going to be hot with that tropical sun. I hope the A/C works.

Harrowing start ... glad the stress is behind you. Question: how did you retrieve your checked bag in Recife and still make the Salvador departure? Additionally, I have always had to clear customs at first Brazil entry. All that in 45 minutes?

7 hours ago, Riobard said:

Harrowing start ... glad the stress is behind you. Question: how did you retrieve your checked bag in Recife and still make the Salvador departure? Additionally, I have always had to clear customs at first Brazil entry. All that in 45 minutes?

As they saw I was about to miss my flight, they put me in the fast line, customs was fast. I am traveling with my Argentine passport, I do not know if that helped to make the process faster, Argentina and Brazil are members of the MERCOSUR. The bag took longer, but it is a small airport and customs did not choose me to check. I was at the door 5 minutes before the time for departure, not for boarding.

tenor.gif?itemid=6144593

Lucky. I had something similar in Sept, Rio-SãoP-Canada, 50 minutes connection due to a delay, but minus bag retrieval and plus a seemingly endless sprint between terminals following Customs. I was stunned to make it as the gate was closing, and that my bag made the transfer. There were airline agents along the route encouraging us. And it would have been too late at night to visit Lagoa courtesy of the airline. 

Also recently a 30 minutes connection Panama City, but had to be bussed a few kms from tarmac to Tocumen terminal (construction/closures), and then mad dash to the Brazil departure gate. Again, shocked my bag made the transfer. 

The street numbers are fucked for Clube P11 ... the address is 11 Jose Duarte but logically it should be about #91. In truth, there is no logic when you scan on Streetview. The evens and odds do not seem to remain on the same side. It is about 10 buildings south of Joana Angelica, on the west side of Jose Duarte. I also had difficulties the first time but had a picture in my head. 

IMG_7681.PNG

27 minutes ago, Badboy81 said:

"Hakuna matata" is a Swahili language phrase from East Africa meaning "no trouble". The word "hakuna" means "there is not here" while "matata" means "problems".

27 minutes ago, Badboy81 said:

"Hakuna matata" is a Swahili language phrase from East Africa meaning "no trouble". The word "hakuna" means "there is not here" while "matata" means "problems".

I stand corrected. I should pass this info to Fernando.

Two things before you go further:

(1) You were probably better served going to Fox instead of (Planetario) Clube 11 on Sunday, as Sunday is one of Fox’s better nights (unless things have changed).

(2) “Hakuna matata” is a Swahili phrase that is very popular in Kenya and almost all of East Africa. It has no Polynesian origins. In fact, Disney is now facing a major backlash by East African nations  for its trademark registration of the phrase in its animated film, “The Lion King”.

https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.4957382

I am sitting in my hotel restaurant right in the rambla at praia da barra, waiting for the famous boys that will try to hook up. So far, I only got a beautiful lady, Sarah, a street vendor who forced me to buy her peanuts and wanted me to take her to my hotel room. What a failure. 

I am trying to look gayer, crossing my legs and posing in a more faggy way, but so far I have not luck. This is LIFE report, happening right now. Wish me luck, the caipiroskas are about to knock me out.

I just had my first sample if famous Brazilian insecurity. While I was trying to pose faggier to encorage boys to head on me, it sounded like three shots and everyone ran away and hide. However, it was just fireworks. I stayed seating and did not hide, so I do not lnlw wheter I shpuñd feel brave or irresponsible. We all are back to normal 2 minutes after the aledged shots.

1 hour ago, Riobard said:

I am going to risk sounding preachy ... a MacBook Air costs about 10,000 reais there. Please exercise caution using your PC out in the open while drinking and distracted with offers to join you in your room. And do lock it in the safe if you host. 

Thanks, I am not hosting. Do not worry, I would not have my laptop out if I were not sure it was safe. That is a picture from this morning. I do not have my laptop out now.

199571434_JPEGimage.thumb.jpeg.ca37310cf1bfac9dfa5a5b803c9ac325.jpeg

Edited by Latbear4blk

1 hour ago, Latbear4blk said:

I am sitting in my hotel restaurant right in the rambla at praia da barra, waiting for the famous boys that will try to hook up. So far, I only got a beautiful lady, Sarah, a street vendor who forced me to buy her peanuts and wanted me to take her to my hotel room. What a failure. 

I am trying to look gayer, crossing my legs and posing in a more faggy way, but so far I have not luck. This is LIFE report, happening right now. Wish me luck, the caipiroskas are about to knock me out.

Unfortunately for you, I’ve never really known the cruising / hustler scene of Salvador, even the Barra section by the Porto da Barra beach, to be anything at all like what you are describing that you hope it to be. Meaning, if you’re passively sitting outside your restaurant hotel overlooking the beach and the pedestrian walkway, expecting young men looking for trinkets to approach you, I think you are going to be waiting a lonnnnnnnnnnng time. And looking “gayer” will not exactly make it happen any more quickly for you. 

The Bahia just ain’t that kind of party. I am pretty sure that I discussed this in a previous post, and that you were a part of that conversation. 

I do wish you luck in your pursuits. Keep us posted.

Edited by SolaceSoul