Jump to content
Guest Guest Pooper

Anonymous

Recommended Posts

Guest Guest Pooper

The site now allows anonymous posting where you don't even have to be a member to post. You can attack registered posters without  giving a clue to your identity.

That's not very classy. But is it the new Boytoy?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Prophet

It will be the downfall of this site if it is allowed!  Everyone know the nasty queens on here that will not be able to stop their fingers from flailing away at the keys!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't see that we have many "nasty queens" on the site.  Most posters appear to be nice people in contrast to some posting on other sites.

The only nasty poster I've encountered has been planetime.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BTW: Thank you Lucky for starting this thread even though I told you we were looking into it.  And, thank you Tomcal for replying to Lucky.  So, yes, there is a bug in the system. We are still able to check IP's from anonymous posters and we do not plan to allow this to continue. However, as I told Lucky, we are looking into it and trying to resolve it. But, the issues a bug with Invision Software and will be fixed in the next release. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, TotallyOz said:

BTW: Thank you Lucky for starting this thread even though I told you we were looking into it.  And, thank you Tomcal for replying to Lucky.  So, yes, there is a bug in the system. We are still able to check IP's from anonymous posters and we do not plan to allow this to continue. However, as I told Lucky, we are looking into it and trying to resolve it. But, the issues a bug with Invision Software and will be fixed in the next release. 

Well, I am glad that it is being fixed. However, I can not find any message to me from you about the matter. Could you direct me to that message? Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, kjun12 said:

I don't see that we have many "nasty queens" on the site.

Oh there's plenty of nasty lurking. Lots of angry, lonely haters out there.

2 hours ago, TotallyOz said:

It is a bug in the forum software. We are working on it. 

Thank you for the response, Oz. Bugs are almost as irritating as trolls.

Frankly, I thought the first few Guest posts were a bit hysterical, like a screaming Jack McFarland, a total sexual turn-off. Most of the major forums on the internet got their start without requiring memberships. Some amassed a fortune by doing so. In the end, what's the problem? Most of us are anonymous, aren't we? What's the difference if we hide behind a membership name or we hide behind a name beginning with Guest?

Yes, a membership name may offer more credibility, depending on your opinion and your writing skill. A membership name can also link an IP address to a known entity, but the entity can still remain anonymous.

However, if I happen to see a username with Guest in it, I'm an adult. I know how to dismiss a post and ignore a comment, much like I did on this thread before Oz spoke up. I'm really not seeing the "downfall" that someone else imagined.

Today in New York City Spring is in the air. Another day at life seems pretty good. Moving on.

 

Edited by RockHardNYC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Lucky said:

Well, I am glad that it is being fixed. However, I can not find any message to me from you about the matter. Could you direct me to that message? Thanks.

Sure. Go to the reported post that you asked to be removed that was from a guest.  View Moderator Comments on that Report.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RockHardNYC said:

Thank you for the response, Oz. Bugs are almost as irritating as trolls.

Frankly, I thought the first few Guest posts were a bit hysterical, like a screaming Jack McFarland, a total sexual turn-off. Most of the major forums on the internet got their start without requiring memberships. Some amassed a fortune by doing so. In the end, what's the problem? Most of us are anonymous, aren't we? What's the difference if we hide behind a membership name or we hide behind a name beginning with Guest?

 

 

Yes, a pain for sure! Anyone who has been on this site for more than 2 months knows we take care of issues as fast as possible. That is why we sometimes ask for patience from others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lucky said:

Anyone who lived through the AIDS crisis

The AIDS crisis was almost three decades ago. Crisis has a way of bringing out the best of mankind. Today, it's bareback on Grindr, endless selfies, and PrEP. Not feeling much community among the serial narcissists. Luckily, I haven't lost hope.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just finished reading a biography of Randy Shilts, so the AIDS crisis was on my mind. It's not something one forgets either. Perhaps narcissists don't like it being mentioned as it distracts from talk about them. My apologies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/14/2019 at 6:04 PM, kjun12 said:

I don't see that we have many "nasty queens" on the site.  Most posters appear to be nice people in contrast to some posting on other sites.

The only nasty poster I've encountered has been planetime.

It would be nice to see more posting, more interesting topics. RockHard is always interesting, even if I recoil at much of what he says. But planetime? A nasty queen? Not in my experience. Since he is coming to Bangkok soon, why not meet up and see what you have in common? I'll bet it far outweighs any differences.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...